6.23.2008

Cynthia Thornton: Green Girl Studios

Cynthia Thornton is one of my favorite bead artists. She is the creator of Green Girl Studios and has an awesome selection of hand cast metal beads and findings (both pewter and silver). I love her sense of humor and am smitten with this pewter bead called Aquacat! Her ability to create so much detail in such a small object is amazing.






She also paints some startling images in egg tempura that seem to draw on fantasy or her own mythology. The picture that I have added here is called Dolls and reminds me a lot of the moodiness of Frida Kahlo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)