6.06.2008

Simpatico


The other day I visited my friend Jana to get some feedback on my new pendant designs.  As we swapped stories and looked over her beautifully crafted necklaces, she shared how much my latest antelope design spoke to her inner muse.  In that moment something click, and she made tangible a feeling that had alluded me when I would imagine the grace and beauty of gazelles and antelopes -- wide, open spaces and its freedom.  To find another soul that yearns for that kind of spaciousness was truly a gift.  I'm naming this leaping antelope Jana in honor of my friend's yearning for the vastness of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)