6.07.2008

Wind Horse

In Central Asia the Wind Horse was a metaphor for the soul, and the name given to Tibetan prayer flags that flutter in the wind, carrying our messages of hope into the sky.  When I designed this pendant, I wanted the horse to express a sense spiritual freedom, so I created a feeling of circular motion through form and line.  I also decided that it was a bold enough design to try in all three sizes -- both a large and small pendant and a couple tiny ones that will make great earrings.

I'd like to believe this horse is running ceaselessly in my heart, momentarily lifting me up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)