8.02.2008

Denyse Schmidt Quilts


I'm so excited! I just received the latest issue of  American Craft. It's stunning!! Inside is a fantastic article about the entrepreneur Denyse Schmidt. Her ingenuity and chutzpah led her to open a studio in a depressed industrial area of Bridgeport, Connecticut where artists are revitalizing historic buildings. She and her team of Amish seamstresses fabricate couture  and custom quilts.  One of her latest ventures involves a commission for the Philip Johnson Glass House.  She also designs fabric and paper products. I love her ability to take traditional images and update them into a modern context. Bellissimo!

1 comment:

  1. That is an absolutely beautiful quilt. Now I'm off to look further...thanks for post this and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)