10.14.2008

Reinventing the Feminine Mystique

Do you ever feel the urge to pull out your bow and arrow after a hard day at the office?

I've been meandering over the last month with my jewelry design. Partly because I've been trying to refine my vision for HINT. What is this wonderful, churning beast of creativity, munching through glittery silver and gems?

During last month's incubation, I discovered that hidden beneath each of my pieces of jewelry is a story that I desperately want to paint into meaning through words. More importantly, the story I want to tell is about ancient, universal archetypes that when activated hit a groove that says "I'm home!"

So I've been playing with my favorite sistahs of the ancient world: Artemis, Athena, Aphrodite, Hera, Hestia, Demeter and Persephone. I've been busy inviting them over for languishing lunches and late night brainstorming sessions where we fill up on tasty Merlot and smooth, dark chocolate. Here's my first stab at their alter egos -- their aka's for HINT's new collection. Can you match the Greek goddess to my new persona? Let me know if any of these hit the spot!

MINX: A tempting flirt

BOHEMIAN: A free-spirited adventurer

BON VIVANT: An ardent devotee of sensual pleasure

POET: An ephemeral ponderer

BUGEISHA:  A compassionate warrior

CONTESSA: A seductive femme fatale

MAMASITA:  A fertile nurturer

3 comments:

  1. Goddesses...basic instincts, ways of being,
    and power sources. I absolutely love how
    you have captured essence. My business, red aphrodite, is infused with sensuality,
    beauty, love, warmth, compassion. I think my business falls under Bon Vivant: an ardent devotee of sensual pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the piece on you blog banner!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! Laura, I totally see Red Aphrodite as a Bon Vivant. Your name totally drew me to you at that workshop :)

    Thanks for complements on the banner, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)