1.06.2009

Hope

Hope, Beth Hemmila: fine silver

Last year a lovely Etsy friend asked me to make an acorn charm. This tiny seed was languishing in my drawing stack as I watched the Fall season quickly leave me in the dust. Nevertheless, as I launch my acorn charm in the merry month of January, I realize that now couldn't be a more perfect time. There is a delirious feeling of hope in the air, and as the presidential inauguration fast approaches, I can't help but think that at one time true statesmanship was a tiny acorn that is now ready to grow into a mighty oak.

5 comments:

  1. that is a lovely acorn (and post)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design! And a beautiful sentiment. Let's hope the acorn of change to a more caring, gracious and peaceful nation grows deep,wide and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both for sharing with me in my seeds of change reflection. Glad you both like the design. I guess I better start making some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just found your blog via your etsy site. (you heart my daughter's Annabelle Lee photo) so glad I found you this way. You do beautiful work. I will definitely be purchasing something if I can only decide which one I like the best. i do like this acorn and the sentiment behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. spread your wings, thanks for your lovely sentiments. I look forward to being a part of your gifting process :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)