3.13.2009

Being a Cloud


A cloud does not know why it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed, it feels an impulsion...this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizons.

- Richard Bach

Last month on Facebook, I said "If I could be a cloud, then everything would be perfect." Since this delightful epiphany, I find myself transforming into a cloud, floating where I want completely unencumbered by the Mr. Should, inhibiting my mind. This is probably why I haven't been producing much art and jewelry lately!

Mr. Should: "Beth, you should make a new necklace."
Beth: "Geez a little breathing room, if you please. I'm enjoying this wonderful, refreshing walk in the sunshine."
Mr. Should: "Beth, you should paint another watercolor picture."
Beth: "Not today. I'm floating. Thank you very much."
Mr. Should: "You should bake that cake you keep thinking about."
Beth: "Slow down buddy, what's the rush!"

Oh how delicious it feels to go deep inside and check in with my heart! It is pure elation to feel my real choice instead of listening to old cranky pants Mr. Should, who likes to give me the gift of doubt. A cloud never doubts its existence, movements, or path, but has implicit trust. Why can't I have this enchantment and trust in every moment? Heck the only thing stopping me is not believing that I've had trust from the very beginning.

3 comments:

  1. How about Mr. Shouldn't so that we can do exactly the opposite of what Mr. Shouldn't says.

    Anji

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Keep following your heart, Beth! It will always lead you to where you need to be! Float on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for championing my floating :)

    Anji, I love Mr. Shouldn't!!! Tre clever!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)