3.25.2009

Something Fishy

The Goldfish, Henri Matisse

This month's Art Bead Scene challenge was based on Henri Matisse's painting The Goldfish. Was it fate that I dedicated my week to orange or was Henri's art haunting my dreams? :)

Mimi, Beth Hemmila:
peridot, carnelian, amethyst, fine and sterling silver


Here's my little fishy, and if I look close, he does bare some resemblance to my old pal Cesar who made it through a whole year of college life, swimming in a less then adequately cleaned bowl.

Mimi, Beth Hemmila:
peridot, carnelian, amethyst, fine and sterling silver

I love how Matisse paired the bright orange fish with some flowers and a wonderful palette of bright colors. A splendid opportunity to dig out my favorite gemstones and tie together a flower and a fish! This necklace will soon be for sale in my shop...

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if this means fish tacos for us soon?
    Beth you have a wonderful way with words and continually delight me with your fanciful take on life!! I turn to Hint to give me inspiration and a light step in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interpretation of the painting, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, for enjoying my interpretation!

    Yum, fish tacos, Laura! Now I have an idea for a dinner this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)