3.19.2009

Sunshine


One of my secrets to finding inspiration and sunshine on a gloomy Northwest afternoon is to whip up a batch of soft, cheesy tacos with homemade guacamole. Shhhhhhh, I managed to indulge in one whole avocado by myself last week! Don't you just want to dive into the buttery goodness of a lovely limey, green avocado? It's like eating a whole box of donuts by yourself...completely sinful but oh so delish. Here's a quick recipe for my simple sunshine tacos:

1 tomato chopped
1 avocado chopped
1 green onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
Olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to taste
(increase ingredients for more then one person)

I use white corn tortillas with super aged, sharp white cheddar cheese sprinkled on top and then broiled in the oven until brown and bubbly. Then I spread my no nonsense guacamole on top, close my eyes, let the beauty of the flavors mingle in my mouth, and soak up the instant sunshine. What a wonderful way to greet the warmth of creativity! Wishing you some bright light of inspiration courtesy of your imaginary sun.

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I found your blog through Facebook Networked Blogs and I love your jewelry! I am just getting started with metal clay and making ceramic beads.

    Anne, akaGinger

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOUNDS DELICIOUS- oh yes. I'll be having this recipe next time I'm jonzin' for some taco love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the tortilla is crisped flat by frying or other methods it's called a "tostada". If the tortilla is folded over it's a taco. Either way this looks quite yummy! I'm in the mood for some instant sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you love the taco and the sunshine!

    It really is a soft taco that I fold over, I just didn't want you to miss out on the colors of the yummy ingredients by covering them up.

    Anne, good to meet you through Facebook, happying beading :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)