6.11.2009

Cynthia Thornton is Magic!

Monkey King, Cynthia Thornton (Green Girl Studios): pewter bead

My own little monkey king! Isn't he the most precious thing you've ever seen? My plan had been to add him to a good luck charm for my bedroom doorknob, but now I just want to carry him around in my pocket and feel his exuberance. How can you not be drawn in by his happy-go-lucky expression that was created by the fantastic Cynthia Thornton of Green Girl Studios!


Aqua Cat, Cynthia Thornton (Green Girl Studios): pewter bead

As an artist, Cynthia can take the simplest of concepts and make them magical. Like with Aqua Cat, how did she know that two of my favorite things -- mermaids and kittys -- belong together? Because of Cynthia's charming vision of the world, I'm starting to believe there are more mermaid-cat ladies out there just waiting to be discovered!


Preliminary Sketch for Time and Memory Necklace, Cynthia Thornton

What tickles me the most is Cynthia's endlessly spiraling creativity that goes way beyond her sculpting talent. Lucky for all of us, through her new book Enchanted Adornments: Creating Mixed-Media Jewelry with Metal Clay, Wire, Resin & More we are about to get a glimpse into her creative heart through stories, journaling, design sketches, watercolor illustrations, and 20 unique jewelry projects.

How often do we get to discover the wandering path an artist from the beginning of an idea to the birth of the answer? It's like getting a chance look into Leonardo da Vinci's sketchbook.


Enchanted Adornments, Cynthia Thornton

Cynthia's new book is one special moment in time that you don't want to miss, so be sure to sign up for pre-orders on Amazon. If you want to be a part of the fun leading up to book publication, join the Facebook page for Enchanted Adornments, where you can participate in Green Girl Studio bead giveaways.

I hope you join me in celebrating the magic of stories, creativity, and jewelry though the amazing spirit of Cynthia Thornton!

8 comments:

  1. I have been enchanted with Green Girl for years! And I just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon this morning. Wish I knew when...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first got into beading, REALLY, Green Girl Studios was the first place I found that I was mesmerized by her work. And I stare at it a lot....and imagine. My first acceptance into a publication will come out in July and one of the pieces features one of Cynthia's pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I always feel so inspired after reading your blog. love the monkey king.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just hanging out by the mail box... waiting.... patiently....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny and Sharon, yes I stare a lot at Cynthia's beads too!

    Glad you are all getting on the pre-order band wagon and waiting, waiting, waiting like Gaea and myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those are just darling! Mayhaps I need a new keychain that includes one of her creations...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words, Beth! I'm blushing! The book is full of useful things, as well as pretties! I can't wait for everyone to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the aqua cat!! I will be looking for that book - I can't even find it on Amazon in Europe yet... sigh!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)