8.08.2009

Opposites Attract?

silver tortoise hare necklace hint jewelryFriendship, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
fine silver, sterling silver, and apatite

One of the inside jokes in my marriage is that I'm as slooooooooooow as a turtle. Well of course you can guess who's the rabbit! I'm slow. I mean REEEEEEEALLY slow. So much slowness, that I'm sure I've put some people to sleep and frustrated the heck out of friends and family.


silver turtle rabbit charm hint jewelryFriendship, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
fine silver, sterling silver, and apatite

Nevertheless, opposites do attract and being around people with lots of clever ideas and the swiftness of a rabbit help keep me balanced. That's what Friendship is all about -- celebrating our differences and appreciating how they make us grow and flourish.


silver friendship charm necklace hint jewelryFriendship, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
fine silver, sterling silver, and apatite

Hope you are giving your fellow opposite a hug today and enjoying the richness they add to your life!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, we need the ying to our yang. It's all about balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet necklace. My husband and I are opposites too, my weakness is his strength and my strength is his weakness ( even though he would never admit it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these - combining the two just seems so right! Perfect sizing etc. Just lovely Beth. - as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's really lovely, beth. i am especially fond of hearing the stories behind a piece. so thank you for sharing your inspiration. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute combination of charms! And I completely agree with opposites making you feel balanced. I actually read in a book about personalities that people are attracted to their opposites because they are drawn to what they lack. It's like trying to fill an empty gap in yourself. I especially like the necklace because it reminds me of the "Tortoise and the Hare" story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for enjoying this piece and sharing your wisdom of finding balance through relationship!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)