9.16.2009

Music, Color, Shape and Kandinsky


The September Monthly Challenge from Art Bead Scene featured this amazing painting by Russian artist Wassily Kandinsky. Known for his ability to turn music into shape, line and color, Kandinsky was an innovator of pure expression through paint.


silver modern meditation charm yoga inspired jewelryBody Spirit Soul, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
garnet, sapphire, green tourmaline, gold filled wire, fine and sterling silver

Hint Jewelry's most abstract charm in form and concept is this tiny circle featuring three dots that I now call Body Spirit Soul. Using the idea of three, I reinterpreted Kandinsky's painting using my Body Spirit Soul charm and a trio of tiny gemstones that turn the shape of sound into color on this delicate necklace.


silver modern charm body spirit yoga inspiredBody Spirit Soul, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
garnet, sapphire, green tourmaline, gold filled wire, fine and sterling silver

I love how the simplicity of these three gems echo the tiny dots and add a hint of richness with their wrapping of gold filled wire.


silver charm necklace modern yoga fashionBody Spirit Soul, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
garnet, sapphire, green tourmaline, gold filled wire, fine and sterling silver

In the back of the necklace is a small, hidden sapphire that reminds me of a single note being blown by a trumpet far off in the distance.

2 comments:

  1. So simple, so elegant, so calm. This piece is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty and meaningful... i love the references to sound in the color - it takes me back to the days of watching 'fantasia' with my daughter...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)