9.04.2009

Paintings by Cassandra Barney

woman portrait painting Cassandra BarneyBarney 28, Cassandra Barney

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
—Maya Angelou

When I saw this quote from Maya Angelou on the front page of Cassandra Barney's Web site, I knew I was hooked. I don't want to say too much and ruin the visual feast, but I am totally drawn in by Cassandra Barney's paintings. It's as if she crept into my soul and painted the women I see inside myself. Here are just a few of her amazing pieces.








6 comments:

  1. Just went to look - wow, fascinating paintings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this feast Beth! I love those faces...so haunting. I will share her with my friend Rainy who owns an art gallery and is always looking for new and unique artists to share their work.
    And that quote...oy! That pierces my soul!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! Thanks for showing them Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really don't know what to say except that the womens' presence is so very penetrating... first i thought modigliani (the art history major started to come out) and then i stopped myself and thought, 'no, cassandra barney' ... i thank you so much for sharing her with us... i just know her work is something i will follow and hopefully someday acquire...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, thoughtful and inspirational. They tell a visual story ... Lovely and Emotive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Jane, yes I see Modigliani too!

    Erin, so glad you enjoyed the quote too :)

    Glad you see the soul of these women!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)