12.04.2009

December Angels

silver angel wing charm gold necklaceBlessed Assurance, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
freshwater pearl, apatite, silver angel wing charm, and gold filled chain

I love a good angel, don't you? For Hint Jewelry, I finally produced a couple of angel themed charms that are perfect for the holidays as well as year round gift giving. It took me a while to come up with charm stories for each of these beauties because of course there is so much I want to say about angels.

To get you in the mood for the upcoming festivities here are my angel charm stories and a few designs to inspired your creativity.


silver guardian angel charm earrings jewelryImmortal Beloved, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
freshwater pearls, sterling wire, and silver angel charms


Your true essence is an angel – a divine light that is ever expanding with no beginning and no end. Connect with your angel nature and live knowing that you are immortal and now is your eternity.

These are a pair of earrings I designed for my mom to give as gift this Christmas. I'm just tickled that a couple of angels will be whispering secrets in her friend's ears this season!


silver angel wing charm jewelrySweet Blessing, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): silver angel wing charm

In loss, you are infinite love where deep sorrow is a sweet blessing. Let sadness awaken you to universal connection. Find comfort in the seed of your sorrow and wisdom will move you to a higher consciousness -- a place where every loss is a perfect blessing.

Sometimes my husband thinks my writing is too sad, but I'm really want to understand grief, and how can I write something happy about loss? For this angel wing charm, I tried to see the happiness in sorrow.


silver pocket angel token charmImmortal Beloved, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): silver angel pocket charm

Secretly I've always wanted a pocket angel. Oh yes, I meander through the shop at Portland Art Museum and consider buying a little pewter pocket angel and then always cross it off my list before final purchase. Maybe its because I was waiting to create my own little pocket angel!

A couple weeks ago someone asked me to make a pocket angel out of my charm design, and I fell in love. It's so tiny and sweet without the hole. She's the angel I've always wanted. For years I've been window shopping at Wendt and Kuehn's wooden angel shop seeking the perfect angel to add to my Christmas decorations. It is no accident that Hint Jewelry's angel charm design grew out of looking at Wendt and Kuehn's wood carvings.

Wishing you many angels this holiday season!

6 comments:

  1. where to begin? one - the pocket angel is wonderful... as i have said before, the concavity you create in the back of your charms leaves them wide open for holding... i often find myself reaching up to my lotus... and the others? beautiful... i happen to really love your rendition of the wing... it is gorgeous! and loss is sad - it is part of the bittersweet experience of life and the ultimate lesson in impermanence... something that we feel so alone in, yet is experienced by everyone in different ways... when my grandfather died i was devastated, i lived only 2 blocks from him my whole life and we were very close... my only solace was in believing that he was now freed from the physical realm and could be with me whenever i needed him... does it replace a hug? no... but feeling him in the wind or seeing him in a garden is something... throughout this whole post i have heard the chorus to the song 'calling all angels' ... kind of haunting & beautiful... thanks beth - and once again, an incredible job ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought me to tears... because of what's going on in my life right now... My mother and I are very close, and we're both very close with my grandmother- her mother, who is almost ready to depart and be reborn into the light, and it is very much a painful experience in some ways watching her body deteriorate (the nurse vene called yesterday to warn us)... but I have been trying to remember that she is going forward onto a new journey- new life, and that she will remain with us... When I was last with her a couple of days ago, she had such childlike innocence in her eyes... It was very angelic and pure. I will never forget that< and how her frail body embraced me... Every day that she is able to hold my hand and look in my eyes I'm grateful... but soon... I know... She loves angels, and so does my mother-in-law who grieves the loss of her mother as well... Ahhh, good tears... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angel wing charm is one of my new favorites - so extemely elegant and spiritual. Have mine sitting beside me waiting for that spark of inspiration. Love the idea of a pocket angel! Would you consider making an Anubis "protector" pocket angel for me? As you know, my angels (and my protectors) are my four-footed friends that grace my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Jane, I think this part says it all "my only solace was in believing that he was now freed from the physical realm and could be with me whenever i needed him." I've really noticed this too over the last couple years with people who have passed away. In some ways they almost feel closer and more intimate. Thank you for bringing this part into the light!

    Lauren, it sounds like a place of extreme vulnerability. How difficult to remain authentically present for yourself and your family while feeling completely helpless to assuage any pain. I hope you find some comfort and peace in the experience. Many hugs to you :)

    Catherine, so glad this angel wing is something that inspires you! I can't wait for when you find out what it wants you to create. You know I would totally make a "pocket protector" for you in the form of Anubis! I now have a 3/4" as well as 1/2" and 5/8" just email your desired size, if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot I want to say, but words just can't form right now without overdoing it...

    I think it is so important to hold onto the ones that you love and have lost by small tokens, memories, beliefs, and being open to the world enough to see them in things that everyday life brings to you.

    The angel and the wing are both quite significant. I have also been throwing around ideas of some of my porcelain pieces with imagery of Angels or Wings for a while now... It is one of those things that just has to strike you at the right moment to do something creative and meaningful enough...

    Yours are wonderful! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha, I love when you say "being open to the world enough to see them in things that everyday life brings". So clear and simple and exactly how I like to do things. I couldn't agree with you more about timing. I held these back because they weren't very inspired last year and then life happened and they emerged :) Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)