1.04.2010

Happy New Year!!!


Hello 2010!
Hope you're as excited as I am about the next decade!!!

I'm so glad you've tuned into my blog today. I feel good and see so much positive stuff coming around the corner that I hope you're sensing the high five meant just for you. It's good to be here. Right here with you. In this place and time. Just like my little backyard Buddha dusted with snow, quietly waiting for spring, I'm going to take it patiently this year. Listening to the stuff I know deep inside and choosing to act from a place of centeredness.

One of my ongoing 2010 themes will be total well-being. Like most people, I go through cycles where I consciously take care of myself and then something happens where I get caught up in my own personal drama and let things slide. Does this happen to you?

This is the year where I'm going to weave well-being into the fabric of my every day life. Wellness is no longer a lifestyle for me to try on and then abandon when I get bored. It's going to be as integral as breathing.



Wondering why I'm so keyed up? Have I been dipping into the hot chocolate again?




No, it's just yoga.

For my vacation, instead of traveling to an exotic destination, I decided to live out my fantasy lifestyle and take a trip inside. For a week, I have been enjoying connecting with my body and spirit through yoga, meditation, and cooking up lots of yummy fresh food using my new Vita-Mix blender.



This experience showed me how much of my life is choice. I choose what I do, how I am, who comes into my life, and what experiences befallen me. Where I put my energy, attention, money, and time lays the foundation for the next experience coming into my life.

It seems so simple. Like enjoying the snow that is here today and gone tomorrow. However, I know I've trained myself to think ahead to the next moment, hour, day, week, month, and year. It feels safe imagining the next steps, but this year I'm going to exercise patience and try to put my deepest energies into right now.

Are you ready to connect with the best parts of yourself this year? Have you been seeing something new in yourself you want to investigate and refine?

Thank you to all the people who have sent me warm thoughts while I was away, and let me know my words are making a genuine connection. Wishing you all the best for the New Year!

8 comments:

  1. What a great way to start the year!. I've got the same feeling that this year is going to be more positive than last...I've come to terms w/a few things that have gnawed at me and I am ok w/it...Can't wait to see what u create this year!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us forget to live in the moment...always looking beyond! In the last few months I've found myself stopping and thinking more and more, about choices I've made...it took me many years to realize we choose the life we live!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming here is like sitting down with a good friend over a cup of hot tea and savoring the act of just being together. I love it here. And your words always resonate with me and challenge me to see the world anew. Thank you for that! I love your theme for the year, for the decade, for your life. Hmmm....I like the idea of taking it one day at a time, being present in the moment. It seems as I am ever looking to the next thing. Maybe slowing down and being more present will be a good thing for me. It will be hard to break that cycle though. It is hard for me to just sit still and be. Thank you for your inspiration today, Miss Beth. May you enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a wonderful New Year, full of Health, Happiness, Love and Inspiration! Starting right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you Beth! Congrats on getting a Vitamix- I have my mother's old, old version in stainless steel... I think it will still be around in another 80 years! I LOVE it, have been making yummy green drinks for the past couple weeks. It's easy to let taking care of yourself slip to the side with all the other things we're responsible for- this year I also plan to focus on my health more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bravo! only you can know what is most important to you, and what is adding to/taking away your energy--listening to yourself, and tuning out those who would divert you from your own voice, is a vital skill. And man does it take a lot of concentration! Stay on that path!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year

    I wish you many blessings, health and prosperity in this New Year! May God bless you and all your love ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissy, so glad to be on the positive train with you!

    Azure Islands, how cool that you've realized that you have chosen your life too :) Good to connect over this concept and feel the power of living it out with you.

    Erin, you always make me smile for I love that you picture my blog as having a cup of tea with a friend. You have so validated my style!! Don't get me wrong...I'm struggling in this beingness every day. It's so hard for us busy bees to just sit and relax so I'm right there with you :)

    Stregata, Happy New Year to you too!! Thanks so much for the good wishes.

    Mellisa, how cool to know that your mother's Vita-Mix is still kicking. I have fallen in love with its possibilities. Now that I've met another person out there with one, I'm feeling even bolder about shouting out my love. You're inspiring me to move into green drink zone next week :)

    Lunedreams, thanks for cheering me on. Blessings for your year ahead!

    Mari, so wonderful to have you stop by and connect with this post. Thanks for your positive energy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)