2.26.2010

Alice in Wonderland

silver bunny rabbit charm alice in wonderland necklaceWhite Rabbit, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
Alice in Wonderland bunny charm necklace
sterling silver, silk thread, pink tourmaline, iolite,
tanzanite, and freshwater pearl

Johnny Depp, Lewis Carroll, Tim Burton...who wouldn't be intrigued by next month's movie premiere of Alice in Wonderland?! I am really looking forward to some eye candy that will be exploding across the screen, and in celebration I put together a necklace honoring one of my favorite fairy tale characters -- the White Rabbit.


silver bunny rabbit charm necklace alice in wonderlandWhite Rabbit, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
Alice in Wonderland bunny charm necklace
sterling silver, silk thread, pink tourmaline, iolite,
tanzanite, and freshwater pearl

What if you slid down a rabbit hole? What would you find there?


silver necklace gems gemstones pink tourmalineWhite Rabbit, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
Alice in Wonderland bunny charm necklace
sterling silver, silk thread, pink tourmaline, iolite,
tanzanite, and freshwater pearl

I'm hoping for a dreamy world of soft lavenders and deep violets along with a pair of rose colored glasses :)

10 comments:

  1. ooo this is beautiful! i love that rabbit charm and the stones are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. delish!!
    i love the colors, and i think that rabbit is my favorite thing you make besides the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth!, u have nailed it...omg, I love the silver u are using here w/the intermittent silver 'balls'.. the colors of the gems make the rabbit more magical looking....I may be emailing u on something similar.. Can't make up my mind on the charm tho....Everything balances w/this necklace, I think that is why I am so drawn to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOHHHHHH!!! This is a beauty, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! especially the way you linked the pendant with the gemstone... very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the necklace and the colors! The gemstones are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, thank you everyone! I really appreciate your feedback on this piece. You've just made my day. This was actually one of those necklaces that I got super stoked when I was making it and then a couple weeks later saying to myself "What was I thinking?"

    Chrissy, that chain is really fabulous and comes with those silver balls already attached. Sometimes its hard to find at supplies stores :(

    Lorelei, thank you for loving this bunny. I'm guessing you love Easter as much as me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really love the design beth... the combination of hand knotting and chain, your gemstones are wonderful... and the charm is stupendous... very excited about 'alice'... am rather sure we will be there are midnight... and i am not a night person! gorgeous from front to back - i really do like when the back makes a statement as well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A truly stunning piece, Beth! I really love it. Don't second-guess your visions because they are extraordinary.

    Best,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)