3.09.2010

Hand of Fatima or Hand of Miriam: Protection & Good Fortune

silver hand of fatima charm jewish ancient good luck charmsGood Fortune, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
silver hand of Fatima charm or Jewish hand of Miriam charm

This palm-shaped amulet is popular in the Middle East and is called a hamsa (or khamsa). It is believed to protect the wearer from the evil eye and is often referred to as the Hand of Fatima, honoring daughter of the Prophet Muhammad, Fatima Zahra.

This symbol has also woven itself into Jewish culture and is referred to as the Hand of Miriam, offering happiness and good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)