3.31.2010

Vincent Van Gogh Earrings: Almond Blossoms

silver plum blossom charm jewelry earringsAlmond Blossom, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
pearl, apatite, silver wire, and fine silver plum blossom charms

I was able to participate in the Monthly Art Bead Scene Challenge for March with the submission of these Almond Blossom earrings.



I just love the Almond Blossoms painting by Vincent Van Gogh that inspired these earrings. The shade of turquoise blue he used in the background is my favorite, and so I added that color as an accent to my earrings in the form of some apatite gemstones.


silver plum blossom charm jewelry earringsAlmond Blossom, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
pearl, apatite, silver wire, and fine silver plum blossom charms

I couldn't resist using some blossom charms and decided to just keep it simple with the rustic metal and wire wrapped pearls. They are super long and feel a little bit exotic to me -- like geisha meets Middle Eastern princess!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love the apatite stones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth! those earrings are so feminine and full of Spring!... omg...what is the length of the earrings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am so glad that you entered the ABS monthly challenge - know you have been thinking about it for a good while. The earrings are absolutely beautiful and do have an aura of far off places and mystery. Wonderful job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luscious! Now that's MY kind of "floral." You've captured the delicate-yet-informal feel of a cherry tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Me likey! I love your interpretation. I've been totally digging your charms. They are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Very happy looking earrings.
    Love pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissy, I think the earrings are almost 3 inches long!

    Glad these earrings were a hit and are inspiring your spring motifs!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)