4.16.2010

Heirloom Memory Necklace: March 2010

silver lotus blossom charm tree of life necklace jewelryMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, and cross
materials: aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz,
peridot, prehnite, garnet, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled wire

I had a difficult time working on my Memory Necklace for the month of March because it was really confusing. So many crazy things happened last month for me that it felt like I was trudging through a jungle, bushwhacking my way through suffocating plant life, trying to clear a path for the rest of the year.

Does your life get like that? All murky and muddy, like you're just barely moving forward into who knows what?

March definitely provided a bunch of interesting moments and life material. I spent a lot of time turning away from looking outside and learning to trust my inner vision, intuition, and dreams. It was the only part of myself that made me feel light. I also tried to get more grounded and worked on being rooted to the place I am right now. I cleaned up my house and paid attention to some things I had been neglecting in regards to my health and well-being. To honor this experience I added three wire wrapped deep, red garnet gemstones that remind me to take care of my root chakra on a daily basis.


silver lotus blossom tree of life charm necklace jewelrysea horse dream mind mapping, silver tree of life and lotus blossom charms

I also wanted to remember the vivid dreams that comforted me through the month of March and helped me to stay centered and positive while everything felt upside down. One dream was about this luminous blue-green sea horse that was swimming around a crystal tree underwater. It was a magical experience and remembering it brings an instance sense of calm. I wire wrapped a tree of life charm to a ephemeral green prehnite gemstone as my dream talisman.


silver lotus blossom charm tree of life necklace jewelryMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, and cross
materials: aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz,
peridot, prehnite, garnet, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled wire

I also took the opportunity to change the gemstones that I had previously added to the necklace. I removed a couple of lemon quartz and wire wrapped the briolettes so they all slide along the necklace together. Functionally this may give me some more opportunities for rearranging gemstones as I build this Memory Necklace.

Whew, I'm glad March has turned into April. Sometimes these emotional setbacks are necessary to moving forward into a bigger understanding, so I'm glad I have this necklace to remind me to embrace what happened as the best possible learning meant for me in that moment.

Wishing you a virtual hug for anytime you might feel stuck in the muddy, dark jungle of life!

4 comments:

  1. Muddy and dark. That is where I am at. I am having trouble staying awake with the hours I have been keeping. Up 'til 2am is not going so well. I have so much to complete and always seem a step behind. Daylight is my dream. I need sunshine and waking hours to create. Every time I come to visit here I am astounded by the beauty you create. I love it dearly. And I look forward to working with you in the future...just as soon as April has turned into May! Enjoy the day, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome necklace. regards Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your process with us, Beth. Your March memory necklace is beautiful! Am glad you made it through March and hope April is a filled with more joy and sunshine for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Erin that sounds like a lot of work you are doing! I hope it slows down so you can get some sunshine. Glad the beauty is refreshing for you and I look forward to a collaboration.

    Thanks for enjoying this piece Stefanie.

    Thanks Catherine for wishing me well and taking an interest in my process!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)