5.25.2010

Kate Holmes: Animal Art that Gives Back

White Lab and Two Boats, Kate Holmes: limited edition giclee print on canvas

Through Etsy I met painter Kate Holmes -- an amazing woman, artist, and advocate for animals. Her paintings bring a smile to my face with their animal themes, pleasing shapes, and curvy lines.


Black & White Cat with Bird, Kate Holmes: limited edition giclee print on canvas

By purchasing one of Kate Holmes' giclee prints on canvas you will be donating 15% of the profit to one of the animal advocacy groups that Kate Holmes supports.


Mexican Pony, Kate Holmes: limited edition giclee print on canvas

I think Kate Holmes' painting Mexican Pony is my favorite. I love the simple colors she chose and the stark black hooves, mane, and tail create a neat pattern. Born and raised in Pennsylvania, but now living in Mexico, Kate Holmes brings a wonderful sensibility about animals and nature that feels so light and grounded at the same time.

I hope you take a moment to enjoy more of Kate Holmes work!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! omg, I looked thru her site.. the cat and mermaids were my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Kate Holmes with us! Her paintings definitely brighten up the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad these made you smile! I love the mermaids too, Chrissy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth ~ Do you have an update on Kate Holmes? Her website does not appear to be up. I have one of her canvas pieces of a beautiful blue bird. I would like to see more of her work. Any information you have would be appreciated. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. I don't have an update. I hope she is still painting!

      Delete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)