6.03.2010

Praise as a Path

silver angel wing pendant charm necklace jewelryBlessed Assurance, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
sterling, pearl, apatite, and silver angel wing charm

My favorite church hymn is Blessed Assurance. In fact, I use to beg our choir director to let us sing as often as possible. Luckily she humored me!

The first time I heard this hymn was during the movie Places in the Heart, and I've never forgotten how the message of this song was deeply embedded into the fabric of the story.


silver angel wing pendant charm necklace jewelryBlessed Assurance, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
sterling, pearl, apatite, and silver angel wing charm

As humans we are both fragile and resilient. Often I find it hard to remember that this subtle grace is part of my nature. Blessed Assurance is the song that always brings me back to center -- a place where praise is a path leading me back to my true self.

Each action in itself rejoices in creation. So when praise is met with awareness, blessed assurance is as easy as taking your next breath.


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful hymn, and one of my favorites as well. We have new hymnals, and this one, unfortunately, is not included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alice, that would be so unfortunate to be missing this song! Thank you for letting me know this is also one of your favorites. There is something about how the notes and words fit together in just the right way that is indescribable to me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)