8.10.2010

Art & Collaboration as Inspiration: Erin Prais-Hintz @ Gallery Q

botanical

Inspired by

exhibition of artisan jewelry
imagined by Erin Prais-Hintz
at Gallery Q in Stevens Point, Wisconsin

This Friday, August 13th, is the opening for Erin Prais-Hintz' jewelry exhibition Inspired by at Gallery Q in Wisconsin. Inspired by is an amazing collaboration orchestrated by Erin Prais-Hintz, which brings together the creative work of fine artists and bead designers through jewelry. I was blessed to have some of Hint charms included in this amazing array of artists and designers.

The photos in this post illustrate each regional artwork that Erin Prais-Hintz was inspired by combined with snippets of art beads and finished jewelry that pays homage to the the piece. If you haven't been following Erin's creative journey on her blog, then I encourage you to check out all the details at Treasures Found and learn how these gorgeous works came to life.

At the bottom of this post, I've included a list of artists and bead designers if you would like to see more of their work.


free spirits & joy




color




bitter & sweet




contrast




precious things




shape & movement




transformations




storms


Artists
Brenda Wenberg
Roberta Honl
Ann Waisbrot
Ann Singsaas
Ellie Honl
Jen Selwyn
Mary Ellen Pollock


4 comments:

  1. Wow, phenomenal!! the bitter and sweet and free spirits and joy are my favorites. Love how the pearls are wired in the bitter and sweet pendant (like pussy willows!), and the use of the silvery pearls in the free spirits pendant--i've never thought to combine those with dark red, really stunning, gives them a real earthy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. OH! Miss Beth! You are making me blush. ;-)

    I am ever so thrilled that you are a part of my exhibit. Adding just the right detail is what it was all about. And to write such a lovely tribute to my work makes me quite near tears. I just came back from taking some (admittedly) very bad pictures of the displays. It really all looks so amazing when grouped together. But when people realize the whole process and the end result they are just amazed. As am I! I can't believe that I pulled it off. And I have all these wonderful artists to thank for agreeing to collaborate with me. I really couldn't have done it without each of you.

    Thank you so much, Beth. Did you know that tomorrow is my birthday? And this post is such a great gift. YOU are my 'something good' today!

    Enjoy the day!
    xo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keirsten, they do look like pussy willows! I hadn't noticed that. So beautiful :)

    Happy Birthday Erin! What a wonderful way to celebrate the start of a new birth year. Enjoy your opening and connecting with fellow lovers of beauty. Thank you for allowing me to discover this part of you so I could ride along on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)