8.17.2010

Blog Carnival Fall 2010 Stringing Magazine: Be Mine Earrings

Be Mine, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
brass wire hoops, brass wire, garnet, peridot,
citrine, amethyst, and silver heart charms

Welcome to the Stringing Fall 2010 designer Blog Carnival! By visiting my blog, leaving a comment, and then visiting the blogs of other Stringing designers to do the same, you will be entered to win free beading goodies. I've provided a list of designers blogs, prizes, and how to win at the end of this post. Just a reminder that I am on vacation until September 1st. I wish you all lots of fun during this blog carnival and look forward to reading your comments when I get home!

***********

These little beauties were just included in the Fall 2010 issue of Stringing. They were originally part of an experiment I was working on last winter where people could build their earrings in my shop. My idea was that visitors could pick charms and gems from my shop selection and then mix and match them on wire hoops.

I don't know what happened. Sometimes a project loses steam. I lose interest. I couldn't make a decision on materials. You get the idea. Things fell apart, and I let go.

What I love most about these earrings is that they are pretty easy to make and fairly inexpensive. I found brass hoops at the bead shop and used brass wire to wrap my gems. Except for my silver charms, the material cost was minimal. I like the idea of being able to play with color according to my mood and thought this design illustrated how a woman could change her earrings based on style of dress.

I hope you have received your new issue of Stringing, because I am digging the new layouts, aren't you? There are quite a few pieces that popped out at me but these are the ones that I'm taking quite a bit of delight in: Heather Trudeau's The Who, Melanie Brooks' Clockwork Scarab, Tari Kahrs' Kate (yummy mustard felted beads!), Erin Prais-Hintz' The Blackbird Sat, Molly Schaller's The Bamboo Cutters Wife, and Toni McCarthy's Coral Confluence.

Have you seen anything in this Fall Stringing issue that has inspired you?

Blog Carnival

Find out more information about the prizes and rules for the drawing on Michelle Mach's blog.

If you add a comment to my blog and the blogs of other fellow jewelry designers listed below you will be entered multiple times into a random drawing. Giveaway closes on August 23rd and the winners will be announced on the 24th.

Prizes
1. Copy of Stringing magazine Fall 2010
2. Handmade porcelain pendant and coordinating beads by Gaea
3. Small goodie bag of filigree, gemstones and other findings from Rings & Things

Blog Carnival Designers
Kristy Abner
Kelly Angeley
Marianne Baxter
Ruby Bayan
Carrie Beckwith
Melanie Brooks
Gaea Cannaday
Lorelei Eurto
Amy Haftkowycz
Tari Kahrs
Stephanie LaRosa
Michelle Mach
Denise Yezbak Moore
Kelly Morgan
Sharon Palac
Anne Perry
Lisa Petrillo
Erin Prais-Hintz
Molly Schaller
Erin Strother
Heather Trudeau
Jennifer Judd Velasquez
Jennifer Zeiger

36 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I wish my issue would show up already! I can't wait to see it! Thanks for the mention. LOVE those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Can't wait to see the new issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being in the issue! I'm putting together a blog tour of designers--if you'd like to join us, email me. Details are on my website: http://michellemach.com/blog/index.php?/archives/117-Call-for-Contributors-Stringing-Blog-Carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, your owl necklace just pops right off the page. Just how you harmonized all the colors!

    Sandra, it's a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Love your idea of interchangeable/customizable earrings, Beth. Oh, new Stringing, I want to see, I want to see...When will the issue arrive?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth I love these earrings! Very Very cool idea. I can see these being worn with so many things. They are just so fun, flirty, romantic and chic! And thank you for such a nice compliment on my necklace:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the jewel tone beads with the silver heart charms. Perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could wear these earrings every day! So versatile and cute! Love your heart charms, they totally make the design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know about projects losing steam! These are stunning!! Did you make the charms?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful earrings - your charms are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your work... I went through your sales and I love your charms! great for earring as well as for necklaces. Thanks for sharing!
    lubaska dot k at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the purple and the heart charms together!
    ~Molly P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have a copy of Stringing but the blog carnival is certainly inspiring and a great way to entice blog readers to buy the issue. Love your sweet little earrings. I love the idea of "making your own earrings" such a shame it didn't work out. You have a talent for distilling the essence of a mood into a wearable charm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! They would be perfect anytime of year! Deslish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always amaze me with your choice of color and composition, your earrings look effortless, as if they appeared by magic! Simply elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being published in Stringing. Love your versatile hoops!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way too cute earrings. I know exactly what you mean about planning an activity for the shop and having it fall apart before it gets started.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What pretty earrings - one of my favorite gemstone combinations! And your charms are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so pretty. I treasure my Hint Charm, they are super special. swopemelmel@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are just too adorable for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alright, fine! I'm convinced. I'm going to the store right now to buy my copy of Stringing! I can't put it off any longer. Everyone's designs are amazing. I love your earrings and think that they would also be so perfect for Valentine's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your handmade charms--so sweet! I love the idea of customized earrings that you can make match whatever you're wearing that day. Great idea!

    Thanks for joining the Stringing blog carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty earrings! I really like how the dangles are interchangeable.

    I'm working on some "clip-on creol" earrings for myself and as I don't often make that type of jewellery (no pierced ears) I'm not sure how I want to design them. So I love finding inspiration like this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations for being in this issue.
    Love the heart charms!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am such a sucker for hearts. These are so pretty! Very nicely done hoops and dangles.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very sweet earrings--love the purple/green combo!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those earrings are just the sweetest! I'll bet they are fun to wear.

    I know what you mean about losing interest in projects. It's something I've been doing a lot lately, mostly because I've got a lot of personal stuff going on, or I get frustrated with my inability to get the project to go the way I intended.

    I haven't been to the city to pick up a copy of the new Stringing magazine. I hope they are still there by the time I can make it up there!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous and cute earrings...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Purple and green have always been one of my most favorite color combinations. The earrings are fun and the brass is perfect.

    itmelodie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your charms and these earrings are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those look SO FUN to make and such a great way to practice wire wrapping! I also like that they're mixed metals and can be worn with a variety.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have never picked up a copy of Stringing because I thought that it was just stringing and my interests are all over the board. After seeing your earrings which are right up my alley, I will have to grab a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the giveaway, these earrings are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  34. All your comments were so much fun to come back to after vacation! Thank you to everyone for taking the time to visit my blog and check out these earrings. I really appreciated reading all your comments. What a joy to meet more of the Stringing community. I'm so grateful to Michelle Mach who invited me to participate in this Carnival!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)