9.21.2010

Autumn Story Necklace

silver charm tree of life squirrel leaf necklace jewelryAutumn Story Necklace, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry);
sterling silver charms: tree of life, squirrel play, and zen leaf
gemstones: peridot, carnelian, citrine, brown pearl, ruby, apatite

I've been wanting to tell this autumn themed story for quite some time. I could spend all day looking out my window watching squirrels run around the tree digging for morsels while the leaves are gently falling.


silver tree of life squirrel leaf necklace charm jewelryAutumn Story Necklace, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry);
sterling silver charms: tree of life, squirrel play, and zen leaf
gemstones: peridot, carnelian, citrine, brown pearl, ruby, apatite

What a joy to finally put this cast of characters together in a necklace with some southwestern inspired gemstone colors that remind me a of sunny, warm fall day. What's your favorite autumn inspired story?

3 comments:

  1. I love this one... hmmm autumn inspired story... my hemp boots, a cold chill in the sun, with damp wooden deck, quiet morning, that greets me with peace, as I breathe in a new day, feeling the birds waking up, and my tea tastes even better than last week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,

    I love these pieces! And squirrels are such industrious critters. I was sitting in my car listening to the end of an NPR story one fall day and looked out to my left to see a little squirrel, large pecan in its mouth, furiously digging under the fallen leaves. When the hole was big enough, it placed the nut in, covered it and patted it down really well. Then, it took some leaves and casually covered the hole.

    I laughed so hard I got tears in my eyes!

    Emanda
    ArtmesiaStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, your fall story makes me feel so relaxed! Thank you for the mental coffee break.

    Emanda, I can't help but smile after your story. Those moments of watching squirrels bury things always makes me feel a little bit closer to nature. Thanks for reminding me to start looking for them digging in my yard!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)