9.14.2010

Fall Color & Persian Inspiration

silver deer leaf charm jewelry necklacePersian Fawn, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
silver charms: deer, zen leaf, and lotus bud
gemstones: carnelian, citrine, peridot, apatite, spinel,
moonstone, amber, tourmaline, sapphire

Fall is probably the time of the year that I feel most in tune with nature, and I've been longing to use my Deer Medicine charm in a necklace to celebrate the season.


silver deer leaf charm necklace jewelryPersian Fawn, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
silver charms: deer, zen leaf, and lotus bud
gemstones: carnelian, citrine, peridot, apatite, spinel,
moonstone, amber, tourmaline, sapphire

What a wonderful surprise when I looked at Art Bead Scene's September challenge and saw this illustration by called Persia by George Barbier. A wonderful example of a pochoir print, this illustration is definitely influenced by Mughal and Persian miniature paintings. I'm completely drawn in by how George Barbier used the repetition of a sinuous line in the woman, musician, fawn and tree branches to create an incredibly elegant composition!


silver deer leaf charm necklacePersian Fawn, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry):
silver charms: deer, zen leaf, and lotus bud
gemstones: carnelian, citrine, peridot, apatite, spinel,
moonstone, amber, tourmaline, sapphire

I wasted no time putting together imagery and colorful gemstones that remind me of this Persian styled print. Using my Deer Medicine, Zen Leaf, and Lotus Bud charms, I wired wrapped a plethora of tiny gemstones in orange, yellow, green, blue green, and brown to delight in the colors of fall.

6 comments:

  1. The colors are so earthy, Beth.... will keep this idea in mind for a future creation from u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Persian print is gorgeous! I Love the necklace design you came up with through this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how incredibly perfect is that? i love that it was something that you wanted to do first and then the opportunity arose for you to begin the composition - clearly this is just one of those challenges that was meant for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love how your charms complement every inspiration. Enjoy the day!
    Erin
    P.S. I got my tulip and I worked to the wee hours this morning. I think I have a handle on this one for the top secret assignment! My sister will be so thrilled! I plan to use the smaller ones to make earrings to match! Thanks again, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone for enjoying the colors and symbols in this piece!

    Mary Jane, I too love how things work themselves out in this way. I didn't have to dream up a color story for my deer it just appeared :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)