9.29.2010

Heirloom Memory Necklace: August 2010

lotus blossom karma necklace silver charm jewelryMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, flaming heart milagro, and karma wave
materials: aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz, prehnite,
iolite garnet, brown pearl sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled wire


Wow I can't believe it's almost October! I almost forgot to post the latest design change to my Memory Necklace.



lotus blossom karma silver charm jewelry necklaceMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, flaming heart milagro, and karma wave
materials: aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz, prehnite,
iolite, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled wire


I made one simple addition, and I feel as if the necklace has always been waiting for it. Like a character in a play that finally enters the scene and rounds out the cast, my Karma wave charm wire wrapped to iolite gemstone has become the perfect side kick to my Zen Lotus focal point.



lotus blossom karma silver charm jewelry necklaceMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, and karma wave
materials: aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz,
iolite, prehnite, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled wire

The concept of karma varies according to the Indian religion you are studying, but the idea I gravitate towards is one that grew out of Jainism. Here is a description from Wikipedia:

"In Jainism, karma is referred to as karmic dirt, as it consists of very subtle and microscopic particles i.e. pudgala that pervade the entire universe. Karmas are attracted to the karmic field of a soul on account of vibrations created by activities of mind, speech, and body as well as on account of various mental dispositions. Hence the karmas are the subtle matter surrounding the consciousness of a soul. When these two components, i.e. consciousness and karma, interact, we experience the life we know at present."

The way I interpreted this idea was that our futures are the product of choices in the way we think and act. We have the power to create our karma in every moment. If I imagine myself as the Peanuts character Pig-Pen walking around in a cloud of karmic dirt, and each particle is a magnet attracting its perfect partner, then what do I want these fragments to look like? Every day I get to design the intention charging the particles that inhabit the sphere of my soul.



lotus blossom karma silver charm jewelry necklaceMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, flaming heart milagro,
bluebird of happiness, karma wave, and cross

materials: apatite, aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz, iolite, peridot,
prehnite, garnet, brown pearl sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled wire

Last month after completing my 120 day Bikram yoga challenge, I had several peak experiences where I proved to myself that I have the ability to create my karma simply by choosing how I think or how I react to a situation. It felt like hitting a home run, and afterwards I wanted to get up and do it all over again.

I've realized that it takes an enormous amount of patience, concentration, and a belief in the validity of my intentions. More importantly, no matter what comes, I know that it is exactly the thing I've been wanting to move me forward into the next moment.

May you enjoy the karma wave that is coming your way and moving you forward too!

3 comments:

  1. U know that focal pt. really does add to the pieces..very unique and stunning as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do it? You always manage to manifest such a positive message and impart such elegant wisdom. I figure that it is my good karma that lead me to you like so much magnetic dirt. I have never really been a student of this type of philosophy but I do believe it is true. You attract what you put out into the world. The clear challenge is then to be certain that you manifest what you want those particles to look like by sending out your good karmic vibes. Thank you again for being an inspiration that never fails me.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris!

    Erin, here's one magnetic dust cloud saying to another magnetic dust cloud "many happy days ahead!"

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)