9.02.2010

Transitioning into Fall

purple coneflower

I'm back!

It was wonderful to have the last couple of weeks in August to enjoy the sun and catch my breath before the holiday season. I've been busy and am looking forward to sharing more about what I've been making, but until then I snapped a photo journal of my perennial garden transitioning into fall.

Perhaps many of you are still enjoying warm, summery weather, but here in Portland, Oregon we are back to crisp air and cold rain. For the first time I actually feel ready to enjoy the cooler months cuddled up with a cup of tea, a book, and a warm kitty by my side. It will be nice to watch the outdoors do its thing while I use the fall and winter season to get creative on the inside.

I hope you are doing well and have been taking some time out to enjoy the final days of summer. Have you seen some signs of fall in your corner of the world? Are you thinking of taking on any new projects for this fall and winter?


perennial garden




tickseed




catmint




catmint





Gaillardia aristata





parsley





basil






tomatoes

2 comments:

  1. yay... I'm glad you're back Beth. I'm glad you took your break too though, for regenerating and resting, and enjoying the summer... I love your pics here, especially the first one... I need to do an update on our garden too, isn't it amazing how we observe the changes in nature and in ourselves, slowing down for fall... I love fall! here we go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your constant support, Lauren! I hope to see what's happening in your garden as the seasons change. I sometimes forget and then realize that so many minute things are happening right under my nose.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)