10.03.2010

Haunted Houses

silver bat batman haunted house scarab necklace charm jewelryHaunted House, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
house, bat, and Egyptian scarab beetle charms
topaz, carnelian, turquoise, iolite, apatite, and sapphire gemstones
sterling silver chain and wire

Boo!

Don't you love going to haunted houses and getting yourself scared silly? I love believing they really exist and will opt for experiencing the theatrical kind in a pinch. My fondest adrenaline rush was when the teenagers at our church put on haunted house when I was a little kid. We stuck our hands in a bowlful of eyeballs that were actually peeled grapes, and to this day I still get shivers thinking about it. I don't know about you, but for me it's fun being scared because it's one of the few moments when I feel that energy surge of being alive.

I haven't been to a scary Halloween event in so long that I had to make a haunted house necklace with bugs and bats to get in the spooky spirit.

Do you have favorite scary Halloween story? Are you going to create any scary memories with kids or grand kids this year?

2 comments:

  1. my kids participate in a zombie walk... this year in asbury park, they will be going for the world record of 4500 participants... while i know that they are all just people in makeup (rationally), some of them are so convincing looking that i get really freaked out... was considering doing makeup for the event this year - i like that part better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Jane, that sounds amazing! Gosh, and I don't blame you for letting your imagination run wild with all the costumed people. I bet the sheer number of people in make up is intense. I hope you have fun if you do decide to do the make up :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)