10.30.2010

Heirloom Memory Necklace: September 2010

silver flaming heart charm jewelry necklace mexicanMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charm flaming heart milagro, garnet,
brown pearl, sterling silver chain and wire

Do you ever get to a point in a project when it feels like things should just simmer? That's what transpired with my Memory Necklace. I felt like it was becoming too congested with ideas and needed a breather from any kind of drastic changes.



Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: flaming heart milagro and cross
carnelian, turquoise, peridot, garnet, brown pearl,
sterling silver chain and wire
Instead of adding a new design concept, I decided to put things together.



Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
apatite, sterling silver chain and wire

With simple double wire-wrapped links or jump rings,
I wove all my layers and components together to make one necklace.




Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charm cross, carnelian, turquoise,peridot, sterling silver chain and wire

When I reflected on my brainstorming for the month of September, I realized that this next step of assembly made complete sense. September was a time when things in my life were being sewn together. Sierra, our new kitten, arrived on the scene and filled the gap in our family circle, and I became more invested in our home through re-landscaping the backyard.



silver lotus blossom milagro necklace jewelryMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, flaming heart milagro,
bluebird of happiness, karma wave, and cross
materials: apatite, aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz, iolite, peridot,
prehnite, garnet, brown pearl, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled wire

It was the perfect time to put all the pieces of this necklace together and wear it around the house to see what needs to be changed. I think this part of the process affirmed in me the idea that sometimes when a project feels like it's stalling out, it may be that I am wanting to step back and patiently wait for the next thing to arrive.

2 comments:

  1. i know that feeling well - and it is good when we can recognize it... sometimes swimming upstream and forcing things is well, like swimming upstream and exerting too much energy... when we should be stepping back... it is looking lovely - enjoy wearing it...
    are there pictures of sierra? did i really miss that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Jane, it's such a slippery concept, but I love when it slaps me in the face like that.

    Pictures of Sierra here: http://hintjewelry.blogspot.com/2010/09/welcome-home-sierra.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)