11.03.2010

Behind the Scenes: Tips for Shopping at Hint for Holidays

silver angel charms christmas holiday jewelry braceletImmortal Beloved, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): silver angel charms

Right now is the perfect time to implement a plan for how you would like your customers to connect with your shop during the holidays. Giving visitors a heads up on what you are capable of is one way of staying true to yourself and being genuine with others. The holidays are a busy time so as a business owner I always ask myself what am I able to promise to others while still making sure I am happy and healthy at the same time.

I post an announcement in my shop that outlines my holiday shipping policies and requirements for custom orders. Though it seems like the Christmas holiday is the most time sensitive, keep in mind that friends shopping for Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, and Kwanzaa may need a nudge to stay on track.

Here's an example of the holiday announcement I posted in my policies section:

SHOPPING DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Happy Holidays! Best wishes to you as you search for the perfect gift to celebrate the season. To insure that your package arrives in time for the holidays, please be sure to make your purchase before December 17th.

I always ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so if you have a special gift that needs to arrive for Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, etc., please allow 5-10 business days for shipping.

Last possible shipping days before the end of the holiday season will be December 16th , 17th, 20th, and 21st. If you need Priority or Express mail, please contact me in advance so I may invoice you the added shipping cost.

If you have a custom order, such as a request for multiple charms or an out of stock item please place your order by Friday, December 3rd. Orders placed after December 3rd will not be completed and shipped until January. During the months of November and December all custom orders will require 2-3 weeks to complete.

I will be closing my shop from December 22nd - January 2nd for vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tips! I will give that some thought.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad this post gave you some ideas for your own shop!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)