11.25.2010

Nutcracker Dreams

silver swan elephant crown charm necklace jewelryNutcracker Dreams, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver swan, elephant, and crown charms
pink tourmaline, garnet, and amethyst

Are you going to The Nutcracker this year? Sometimes I don't get tickets in time, but this season I couldn't miss another Oregon Ballet Theater performance. I've been to quite a few Nutcracker performances in different cities over the years, and honestly the one in Portland is quite infectious. The sets are wonderfully crafted, the live orchestra plays splendidly, and though it's a large city the event still seems homey with touches like the local mayor in a walk on part.

My other most memorable Nutcracker performances are from a small ballet troupe in Wisconsin called the Wausau Dance Theater. These moments were lovely, intimate performances in the old Grand Theater, cleverly staged with amazing guest artists from Milwaukee.

I put together this necklace while thinking about what special things might be under The Nutcracker Christmas tree.

Do you have a fond memories a The Nutcracker performance? Are you going to make some more this year?

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It was delish :) Happy holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)