12.06.2010

Personalized Photo Frame Christmas Tree Ornaments for Pets

personalized picture frame Christmas ornamentpersonalized photo frame Christmas tree ornaments for pets
fine silver (metal clay), lion and fox motifs
Beth Hemmila, Hint Jewelry

I've been shopping for the perfect personalized photo frame Christmas tree ornament to place pictures of my cats in for this year's holiday season. While I was gradually becoming more and more disappointed with what I saw, a light bulb went off. Duh...I make stuff out of silver. Why not make my own Christmas tree ornaments out of precious metal clay?

Does this happen to you? Sometimes I get so caught up in making things for Hint Jewelry or other people, I forget that I can make something for own enjoyment.

The whole thing worked out splendidly, because I had just finished creating my fox mold for my 2011 spring line (oops a little teaser for what's to come next year!), designed to honor the spirit of our new kitten Sierra, and then I was able to match it with Hugo's Courage lion totem.


personalized picture frame Christmas ornamentpersonalized photo frame Christmas tree ornaments for pets
fine silver (metal clay), lion and fox motifs
Beth Hemmila, Hint Jewelry

I used metal punches to stamp the letters of their name on the front, and on the other side, I created a frame to mount a future cat photo of each one of my kitties. Some things that I would design differently given the chance is that I would have stamped 2010 on the bottom of the ornament and created a bail for the top instead of a hole.

Oh well, I was in the moment and having fun just making something that didn't have to completely perfect.


personalized picture frame Christmas ornamentpersonalized photo frame Christmas tree ornaments for pets
fine silver (metal clay), lion and fox motifs
Beth Hemmila, Hint Jewelry

Hope this inspires you to use your creativity to design your own personalized ornaments for the home or tree!

8 comments:

  1. A very smart idea!.How big are the ones here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your work and your creative energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I don't know why I don't make more ornaments any more! I used to every single year. That was until I started making jewelry. But how easy to translate what I make for a neck to a bough?
    Thanks for the fine inspiration!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    P.S. I took my daughter to see the Nutcracker at the Grand in Wausau yesterday and got lost finding my way out of town but passed the Leigh Yawkey Woodson art museum... so that is where it is! I thought of you... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth,couldn't u stamp 2010 on the back (inside) of the ornament?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for appreciating these little ornaments and I'm glad they may have inspired you to create some of your own!

    Chris, thanks for the solution for the date! That just might work. Also, I made this around 3/4" in diameter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just love your work..please stop by...I’m having a GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)