1.31.2011

Heirloom Memory Necklace: December 2010

Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charm: rabbit run
materials: garnet, brown pearl sterling silver chain and wire

This month I completed my Memory Necklace from 2010 with one last addition -- 


Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: flaming heart milagro, lion courage, and rabbit run
materials:garnet, brown pearl, sterling silver chain and wire

Originally I had intended to use the Crescent Moon charm, but when I laid out this section of the necklace alongside my charms, I notice that Rabbit Run and Courage Lion looked like they fit together.


story board for december 2010

I wanted something to symbolize the moon because I was so enchanted by the idea of a lunar eclipse happening last month. Even though I was unable to view it in Portland, I imagined it to be a beautiful sight in outer space. The Rabbit Run charm seemed to both embody the moon and the feeling of moving towards the future.






Here's me wearing the final three necklaces together.




Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, flaming heart milagro,
bluebird of happiness, karma wave, lion courage, rabbit run and cross
materials: apatite, aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz, iolite, peridot, prehnite,
garnet, brown pearl, citrine, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled chain and wire

There is so much going on in this piece that it's hard to photograph as a whole.



Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, bluebird of happiness, and karma wave
materials: aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz, iolite, prehnite,  
sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled chain and wire

The front of the necklace feels grounding with the Zen Lotus, Karma Wave, and Tree of Life charms paired with the heavier gems.



Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: flaming heart milagro, lion courage, and rabbit run
materials: garnet, brown pearl, sterling silver chain and wire

While the middle is more representative of the environment swirling around me (rain, sunshine, and happiness), coming to rest in the center with the three main themes moving through my life -- courage, compassion, and creativity.



Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: cross
materials: apatite, carnelian, turquoise, peridot, prehnite,
garnet, citrine, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled chain and wire


I'm especially fond of the back of each necklace.  They act like hidden secrets that are only known by me. Such as the dangling cross or the warm, golden metal sunshine across my shoulders.



Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
materials: apatite,  sterling silver chain and wire

It's the precious details that touch me.
Like this simple clasp I made to resemble a waterfall.



Memory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
materials: citrine, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled chain and wire

And lastly the ever present raindrops and puddles that are my life in Portland.

5 comments:

  1. I love how you have layered these necklaces! What a wonderful look and symbolism! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, you have such a way with the symbolism and detail. They all three look great layered on you. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful combinations, Beth, each necklace stands on it's own, but together--what a story!
    Happy creating in 2011. Thank you for being a constant inspiration!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth this turned out absolutely beautiful. It's been fun following your monthly journeys. You should be so proud.
    Will you create another, or maybe a 2011 bracelet?
    I'll be watching.
    sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val, thanks so much for appreciating my design and sharing your enthusiasm for the piece!

    Debbie, good to hear from you and thank you for such lovely compliments :)

    Karen, I keep thinking about the layering of stories, so thank you for noticing how this created a whole new level. Glad this has been inspiring you and may you enjoy lots of creative spirit this year!

    Sandi, thank you so much for enjoying my journey and you may have just inspired the next project. Wow, a bracelet would be a cool idea!! Now you've got ideas spinning away in my head :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)