1.11.2011

Heirloom Memory Necklace: November 2010

silver lion charm necklace heart jewelryMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: flaming heart milagro and lion courage
materials: garnet, brown pearl, sterling silver chain and wire


Happy New Year, friends!!!
Hope you are all well and enjoying your new beginnings.

This post is not only late because I was on break at the end of December, but also for another very funny reason -- I couldn't remember where I put my Memory Necklace!!

First I was annoyed, because I detest the idea of not finishing a project. Then after scurrying around, looking in the most obscure places, I started laughing because the metaphor was just so hysterical.

I couldn't remember where I put my Memory Necklace.


silver lion charm heart jewelry necklaceMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: flaming heart milagro and lion courage
materials: garnet, brown pearl, sterling silver chain and wire

Hahahahaha!! Things lightened up, and I began to let go, saying to myself, "maybe this is my way of indicating the project is already complete." Eventually I shared this story with my husband, hoping that he might come across my necklace in some out of the way place like the freezer, but most importantly I convinced myself that it was done.

Later that day, I was working on another project and opened one of my plastic storage bins. Sitting on top was my Memory Necklace, looking pitifully out of place. Come to find out, right before Christmas, my husband had been wrapping presents in my studio, and Sierra our kitten knocked over this bin. When my husband reassembled everything, he stuck my Memory Necklace inside because he thought it belonged there.


storyboard for November

Through this mini episode of the universe unleashing its chaos on me, I saw my rigid attachment to the construct of how a project should proceed instead of just enjoying what's happening. What a relief to let go of this habit.

Also, I noticed that by quickly seeking out the laughter in my situation, things eased themselves into place, and I didn't have to fret as I let events take their natural course.

So I found my Memory Necklace -- my memories from 2010 -- and this allowed me to add one more component. Reflecting on a powerful dream I had back in November, I decided to add the lion Courage charm next to the flaming heart.



silver lion heart charm necklace jewelryMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: flaming heart milagro and lion courage
materials: garnet, brown pearl, sterling silver chain and wire

This dream was so vivid and emotionally intense that I can still recall all its details months later. In my dream, there was a gigantic lion -- larger then life -- sitting in front of me, looking hurt and angry. Nobody else standing with me would approach this beast, but I cautiously walked up to him, stuck out my hand, and started rubbing a healing balm on his chest over his heart.



silver heart charm necklace jewelry lotus blossomMemory Necklace 2010, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
silver charms: lotus blossom, tree of life, flaming heart milagro,
bluebird of happiness, karma wave, lion courage, and cross
materials: apatite, aquamarine, carnelian, turquoise, lemon quartz, iolite, peridot, prehnite,
garnet, brown pearl, citrine, sterling silver chain and wire, and gold filled chain and wire

It was so incredibly frightening and freeing all at the same time. Not a unique story, for I'm sure my dream life was trying to recall Aesop's fable of the shepherd pulling out the thorn from the lion's paw, but what was truly powerful was being like an actor, trying on the feelings of bravery and freedom from pain. It was hauntingly magnificent, and I would transport myself back to the experience of that soul connection in a minute.

4 comments:

  1. I love those brown pearls!, reminds me of a rosary.That necklace exudes a lot of positive energy, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Beth!
    Thanks for sharing your dream.
    They can be so powerful.
    Cheers to more unfolding.
    The new charms are beautiful.
    Namaste,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dream. Beautiful necklace. Happy New Year, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chris! I'm glad you saw a bit of rosary in this piece. It's one of my favorite styles of necklace, and I hadn't realized I was incorporating it's design. Thank you so much for helping me see that aspect!!

    Good to see you in New Year, Diane! Thanks so much for hearing my dream.

    Happy New Year, Jakk!! Thanks for appreciating the symbols in my dream. Blessings for all your dreams ahead.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)