4.24.2011

Arise

Arise, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver angel wing charm
Happy Easter to you and your loved ones!

The other day I was in a class where the facilitator asked, "What does Easter mean to you?" Out of nowhere a soft spoken gentleman said, "sunshine." My whole being smiled because somewhere in my cluttered brain I understood the poetry of his memory.


Arise, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver angel wing charm

I couldn't put Easter into words, so I designed this necklace
in citrine, peridot, aquamarine, and pearl that feels like
the picture this fellow painted for me of his memories
.



Arise, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver angel wing charm

Sometimes I don't have words, so I borrow other people's stories when they 
express things I only know how to feel but don't know how to say.



Arise, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver angel wing charm

How thankful I am to have other people
point the way to the best of memories :)

What does Easter mean to you?

2 comments:

  1. of course, I always love your charms, but in this piece I am really struck by the knotted chain - stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lisa for admiring this piece and noticing the knotted thread. I took a chance and used the yellow and it is like wearing woven gold :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)