5.24.2011

Seeking Snake Stories

sterling silver snake charm necklace, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
Here I am still trying to write a story for Hint Jewelry's new snake charm, and before it's even done I had to go out and design a necklace around it! Boy, was that fun. I've been seeing snakes pop up in my dreams for the last several months so I couldn't wait to wear the snake charm I created for Hint Jewelry.


sterling silver snake charm necklace, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
There are so many things I'd like to say about the symbol of the snake that I suppose I'm struggling to narrow it down to just one message.


sterling silver snake charm necklace, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
The snake is a powerful symbol of creation as well as a metaphor for renewal through the shedding of skin. It is also a reoccurring motif in ancient Minoan art, and I'm particularly fond of the snake goddess sculptures.


sterling silver snake charm necklace, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)
Finally, one other aspect I have been fascinated by since my twenties is the idea of kundalini -- a female energy believed by yogis to be coiled at the base of the spine. Maybe I can combine all these ideas for my snake story? Am I asking for too much? What do you think? What snake story moves you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)