5.08.2011

To Be a Mother is To Be a Magnet


One of my fondest memories of having a mother was seeing my handy work displayed in a place honor -- the kitchen fridge. Isn't it uncanny how mothers always seem to know that these little things mean a lot to kids? I'm guessing a pack of magnets come with their starter kit along with band aids, Kleenex, and warm kisses.

As I was pondering this notion of magnets holding precious things up, the thought occurred to me that these wonderful devices are the perfect image of nurturing for to consistently hold up and support the gifts of another takes incredible heart.

To all the mothers, aunts, grandmas, teachers, and nurturing magnets of the world may you have a splendid day of celebration filled with family, light, and love!

1 comment:

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)