6.18.2011

The Hiking Yogi: Bikram Yoga on the Road


Last Saturday after my Bikram yoga class at the Portland studio on Fremont, I met Michelle Renee, a Bikram yoga instructor who is making an incredible trip up the West Coast. Starting in San Diego, California, on April 11, 2011 Michelle Renee started hiking up the coast to complete an almost 1500 mile walking journey to Vancouver, B.C. Her goal is to not only to bring awareness to this practice of yoga, but also to walk the whole way, teaching and taking classes at as many Bikram yoga studios as possible. Her adventure is completely sponsored by the generosity of these studios, students, and donations from friends.

If Michelle Renee, The Hiking Yogi, inspires you to go on your own soul searching journey or start a yoga practice be sure to check out her Web site, Like her on Facebook, follow her blog, and consider making a $11 donation to her journey here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)