6.22.2011

Portland Pride 2011

Rose City Mortgage, Portland Pride 2011
Portland Pride 2011 parade and festival was last weekend, and I got a chance not only celebrate my community but also to participate.


The Three Beth's (Beth Hemmila, Beth Wolfsong, and Beth Allen)
I was able to march in Portland Pride 2011 with Beth Allen Law. Here's a snapshot of one of the most bizarre discoveries I have made about Portland -- all Beth's love to live here!!! Pictured above is me alongside my good friend Beth Wolfsong and her colleague Beth Allen. Spending most of our lives never knowing any other women named simply "Beth" we have gotten a kick out of the synchronicity of meeting in Portland.

Moreover, the opportunity to bring awareness to Beth Allen Law and the work that they do within our community was such a blessing. They support both traditional and non-traditional families with a special understanding of how best to serve the needs of the Gay, Lesbian, Bi, and Transgender (GLBT) community in Oregon and Southwest Washington.

Beth Allen Law overlooks the beautiful Willamette River and every time I stop by to say "hi" I always feel like I've walked into this serene place where I feel cared for as a person. I think one of their slogans says it best "All Families Matter." Beth Allen Law demonstrates this through their warmth, good humor, and desire to advocate for all people.


Beth Allen Law , Portland Pride 2011
Here is our group from Beth Allen Law walking behind the bubble maker. 
I'm wondering why I don't have one of these bubble machines at home!



Portland Pride 2011
It was so neat to see the incredible number of people supporting the parade. 
Portland is definitely a community that loves to be there to celebrate one another.


The Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers
One of my favorite groups called The Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers
also participated. Be sure to check out their Web site to hear a sample of their work. 
It's infectious, and I guarantee you'll be up bouncing around in no time!


Portland Pride 2011 Music Stage
Portland Pride also had a huge music stage with great performers.



The Portland Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
Lastly, I want to share with you The Portland Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, The Order of Benevolent Bliss, Inc. Aren't they amazing? Watching the Sisters was like witnessing living and breathing expressionistic paintings. Beyond their extravagant loveliness, The Portland Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence have a mission to help other charitable organizations raise money for educational programs that promote awareness of the GLBT community and caring for the sick with HIV. They're motto is "The Sisters put the FUN back into fundraising." I have no doubts about this!!

4 comments:

  1. I can see why you are beaming!. I just saw her site.. Wow! to have an advocate like her would make anyone proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greate Pride. Our Pride here in Cologne Germany is next weekend. i will paticipate to.

    Good luck for all bethies ;-)

    Pascal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pride parades are always so colourful and full of life. Portland seems no exception. Happy to see you out there supporting and being part of the community. The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are such a treat no matter what city you are in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for celebrating with me!

    Chris, Beth & Beth are just wonderful lawyers :)

    LeAnn, glad you enjoyed the picture of the Sisters!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)