7.08.2011

Summer Solstice, Sweat Lodge & Honey Bees

Abejabeso, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver turtle, house, bee charms
On the summer solstice, I participated in a local sweat lodge. Hosted by my friend Lauri Shainsky who is a Shamanic Sound Healer and Reiki Master, my time inside the sweat lodge was both spiritually healing and gave me a renewed sense of being connected to the world.


Abejabeso, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver turtle, house, bee charms
At one point during the ceremony, an hour or two into sweating and singing, we had an opportunity to look for an animal spirit guide. In complete darkness, nothing came to me for awhile and then all of sudden I imagined a gigantic honey bee about the size of a large dog hovering in front of me.


Abejabeso, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver turtle, house, bee charms
I felt in a dream state while looking at this bee and hearing the loud buzzing of singing around me. Soon I heard my inner voice say, "you are the flower, you are the honey," and I laughed. It was a moment of perfect creation, and afterwards I felt like everything I've ever tried to do in this life made complete sense.


Abejabeso, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver turtle, house, bee charms
In the sweat lodge, inside the great belly of turtle mother, 
I came home to myself and to B-ing in the world.

From B to you...may you fall in love with your buzz this summer and beyond!

3 comments:

  1. That is quite an awesome story! I love that quote "you are the flower, you are the honey". Such magic in that! Thank you for sharing your inspiration.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin and Michelle for loving this piece!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)