8.17.2011

Trust in Divine Providence

Providence, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver courage lion, key, and flower charms
I've been watching a lot of The Tudors lately, and it struck me the other day just how much people during the 16th century put their daily lives in the hands of God and King Henry VIII of England. Besides extraordinary dedicated religious figures, I was trying to come up with a single person in my personal life or in Western culture who endeavor to live this way today. 


Providence, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver courage lion, key, and flower charms
This practice of trusting in Divine Providence, believing that ALL outcomes are part of a bigger plan, seems to be a foreign concept to modern society. Countless figures throughout history such as Buddha, Lao Tzu, and Jesus have spoken about the idea of trusting in what each moment brings as part of a greater whole. And for contemporary readers, Eckhart Tolle presented these same ideas in his book The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment.


Providence, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver courage lion, key, and flower charms
It is not a new concept to trust in Providence, to surrender to each moment, it's just something I have a difficult time applying to my daily life because it's a new habit.

For my own desire to remember to trust in every single second of every day, I designed this meditation necklace that includes a lion to give me the courage to yield to the moment, a key to remember to put my faith in Providence, and a field of flowers to remind me that all joy can be derived from this way of Being.


Providence, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry)

See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?

Matthew 6: 28-30

 

3 comments:

  1. i really love this necklace! beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those charms are definitely apropo... well done,Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies! It was a new color scheme for me inspired by one of my clients :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)