10.26.2011

Kyler Martz

Kyler Martz
I stopped by Blossoming Lotus in Portland, Oregon for a yummy raw food dessert just before I left town and caught a show of Seattle artist Kyler Martz' drawings.

 
Kyler Martz
Kyler Martz' drawings are the type of artwork that you might glance at and then do a double take and say, "wait a second...what did I just see?" Some make you laugh or scratch your head, but mostly they ask you to go deeper and think a little longer, and that's definitely the kind of artwork that keeps me excited about the craft.

 
Kyler Martz
This drawing is my favorite one. Not only because I've been feeling deeply connected to spiders over the last couple months, but also because there is something special about crossing this particular insect with motifs that are Native American. I get the message of the piece, but for the life of me I can't put it into words. That puzzle in itself is quite appealing to me! Thanks Kyler for stretching my heart and mind.

To see more of Kyler Martz' artwork check out his Flickr site and to purchase a piece contact him at kylernmartz@gmail.com

1 comment:

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)