11.19.2011

Leaving Never Never Land Part Two

Leaving Never Never Land paintings, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas
Here is my Leaving Never Never Land series with a couple more layers of paint. It's fun choosing to paint in a way that's almost childlike with bright, large blocks of color. It keeps things simple and cheery.


Leaving Never Never Land paintings, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas
Some other symbols in my paintings are a tiny house, a sheep, fish, 
fireflies, skeleton princess, and a deer. All these things that have special significance to me.



Leaving Never Never Land paintings, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas
I'm also enjoying painting eight small works at the same time. It allows me to jump around and not focus on just one piece.


2 comments:

  1. It is lovely to see your progression of Leaving Never Land. I love the bright blocks of colour and that you've incorporated symbols that have personal meaning for you. The work you've done calls to me in a way that evokes memories of my own childhood that I haven't really felt connected to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LeAnn! I'm glad it gave you a way to escape back to childhood memories :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)