11.13.2011

Raw Food Pizza

Raw Food Pizza (onion bread crust, cashew nut cheese, zucchini, and tomatoes)
Last year I tried making the perfect raw food pizza and bombed out. My crust just wasn't what I expected, so instead of forging ahead I gave up on the venture. Looking around Reno, Nevada for some local raw foodies I hit upon cooking classes taught by Linda Clark (Naturally, Nana's!) through Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC).


Raw Food Pizza
Lucky for me Linda Clark was teaching how to make raw food pizzas last month, so I signed up for her class. YUM!! I had the best time cooking with a group of people and learning the basics of three different crusts (two savory and one dessert) and some wonderful tips for toppings.


Raw Food Dessert Pizza
After the cooking portion of the class we all sat down for a meal of raw food pizzas and salad. It was a boat load of fun learning how to cook raw food recipes in this way because if you've ever tried this diet it's a bit like embarking on an elaborate art project. My favorite part was learning how to use the spiralizer to process fresh zucchini, and the experience convinced me that it is well worth the expense to purchase one for my raw food kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything
    you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page
    so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job ...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)