1.21.2012

Valiant Spirit

Valiant Spirit, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver cross charm necklace

Strength of numbers is the
delight of the timid.
The Valiant in spirit glory in
fighting alone.


- Mahatma Ghandi

This quote from Mahatma Ghandi is the text I chose to tell the story of the Valiant cross charm from Hint Jewelry. It still gives me chills every time I read it.

To be a visionary, dreamer, seeker of wisdom, or teller of truths you must be willing to stand alone. Maybe this alone-ness exists for only a split second before someone reaches out to join you or maybe it lasts for countless years. Whatever time elapses, constant connection with the basic truth of what you are trying to manifest is essential. You be there for you. That's it. That's all you need.


Valiant Spirit, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver cross charm necklace

Nevertheless, I can't say I have ever been completely alone for whenever I do feel like my dreams are crumbling, I take comfort in the life stories of visionaries like Mahatma Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, and Nelson Mandela. I imagine hanging out with them and thinking about what inspiring or funny thing they might say regarding my predicament. These fearless leaders are on my team and are my best cheerleaders for they are examples of human beings who never stopped believing in their missions, and they never used feeling alone as an option for not continuing with what they knew was their purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)