2.29.2012

Challenge of Music Blog Hop: Rayando El Sol

Rayando, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver rabbit, moon, heart, hummingbird, owl, and flower charms

When Erin Prais-Hintz of Tesori Trovati decided to put together a Music Blog Hop for Leap Day, I definitely had to jump in on the fun.

Choosing one song or artist was pretty difficult because I love a lot of different kinds of music, so I decided to narrow it down to one idea that represented where I've been and where I'm going. This song touched my heart when I was living in San Diego and still moves me today --  "Rayando El Sol" by Maná the pop rock band from Guadelajara, Jalisco, Mexico.





I've always been a sucker for a love ballad and folk music from different countries particularly if it was a corrido with an amazing story to tell in a poetic way. So it's no wonder that I'm drawn to the music produced south of the border. "Rayando El Sol" or "Reaching for the Sun" is a song about the romantic love between two people, but I've always felt that the urgency of the music and beauty of the lyrics could also symbolize our burning desire to be closer to the divine.


Rayando, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver rabbit, moon, flaming heart, hummingbird, flower, and owl charms

Rayando el sol
rayando por ti
esta pena me duele
me quema sin tu amor

Reaching for the sun
reaching for you
this sorrow hurts me
burns me without your love


I decided to make a healing milagro necklace using sterling silver charms and gems from Hint Jewelry to symbolize what I would like to bring into my life over the coming year to feel closer to the Beloved -- that inexplicable essence or oneness with the divine that brings us sense of wholeness and peace.

Last year, creativity felt lost to me so I'm longing to find that curiosity in me that wants to create new things again. My charm Rabbit Run is the perfect center piece for calling creativity back into my life.



Rayando, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver rabbit, moon, flaming heart, hummingbird, flower, and owl charms


I want align myself with the more reflective energy of the moon and surrender up to forms of love that I have run away from in the past. My Crescent Moon and Flaming Heart Milagro charm calls these things into my life.



Rayando, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver hummingbird charm


With intention I want to look for and listen to the hidden the messages of love and compassion found in the confusing moments of my life through this little hummingbird charm I call Messenger.



Rayando, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver rabbit, moon, flaming heart, hummingbird, flower, and owl charms

Es más fácil llegar al sol 
que a tu corazón

It's easier to touch the sun
than your heart


In my tiny field of flowers charm called Joy, I want to continue to seek out those small surprises that transport me to a place of wonder and awe and keep me falling in love with the world all over again.



Rayando, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver owl charm

 Te tengo atrapada
entre mi piel y mi alma

You're trapped
between my skin and my soul


Lastly, like a secret nestled along the back of my neck is Saskia an owl charm -- a symbol of infinite wisdom and guidance. I am hoping that this beautiful bird who can see within darkness will lead me to places of greater understanding and peace.

Be sure to click on the links below to visit other participants in the Challenge of Music Blog Hop and check out the free giveaway on Erin Prais-Hintz' blog Treasures Found:

Erin Prais-Hintz

31 comments:

  1. I loved to read about your thought process behind each charm selection, which are quite beautiful solo, yet alone in this fantastic piece! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the detail and symbolism of the charms and yet the simplicity of this necklace. Real nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun this was for you! I love the charms (especially the bird) thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, your creations are always beautiful, and this one is no exception. Thanks for sharing your song with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely -- your charms are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, thank you so much for introducing me to another very interesting group! I love listening to music from around the world, even when I can't understand it. Your necklace is just lovely, full of meaning and intention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoying the music while I read and write :-)
    I really like the clarity of this necklace while having it help deal with some very blurry topics. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it love it love it. That rabbit focal is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your charms are so pretty! Love them all. Beautiful necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I smiled when I saw your song choice, I tend to lean toward musica en espanol, so I was immediately drawn to your piece. While I'm not a huge fan of Mana (I tend to lean more acoustic, I'm currently in love with Tommy Torres and Manuel Carrasco), I love the way you've interpreted the song in your piece. Que bonito!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for introducing me to this band :)
    I love how your jewellery is inspired by the music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Beth! Yu have included some of my favorite of your charms & powerful totems in your necklace! The wisdom of the owl, the swift creative energy of the hare! A gorgeous piece, I hope you wear it in health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this song- it is wonderful! I also love your necklace and all of the meanings intertwined with it. The owl charm is my favorite- your charms are all so amazing, though! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So simple yet so profound. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous necklace! I love the clean lines and the little spots of colour against all the silver. Really like the symbolism and messages hidden in the charms. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with this song now! Thank you so much for sharing!! Your necklace is so elegant in its simplicity yet so full of power! I hope it brings you all the things you are hoping for this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a spiritual and symbolic necklace. I love your charms so I am just loving this piece.
    I especially love your tag in the back. I would love to have tags made someday but now that I have seen yours and Lorelei's I can't settle for those engraved ones :-/ Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your charms are delightful and your necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This has truly been a world beat on this trip! I love the sound of live music. And especially when the crowd gets into it. This music is infectious! your charm necklace is filled with such powerful intentions. I can truly believe that it will bring the wearer (i.e., you) all that you are wishing for and more. That is the thing about your charms, Miss Beth. They are so much more than just a pretty little thing. They have a little story to tell and each person's life story is so very different. May you leap into this new year with purpose and passion Miss Beth! Thank you so very much for sharing this beat with us and for playing along with me. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic necklace. I love how you used each of the charms to symbolize a different message! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful!!! I love how each piece symbolizes your goals. I am a huge fan of symbolic jewelry. I thank you for introducing me to a new song.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the personal meaning behind each charm and enjoyed reading what they mean to you. Just by themselves, the charms are really wonderful (love the owl and hummingbird), but are all the more special after reading your post! You interpreted the song beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful piece and a wonderful song. I love how each charm is meaningful to you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the charms! The owl is just precious.

    Those lyrics really are powerful. The last line, especially, gives me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beth, Your necklace is beautiful. I like the meaning behind your creations. Even though I don't understand the language the song has a great tune and beat.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautifully powerful lyrics, and a beautiful interpretation of the message. I hope the necklace brings you all the inspiration and reminders of each milagro, each time you wear it. It's awfully packed with meaning, for such a deceptively simple necklace. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I just love it and I really really love that little rabbit charm. Have fun wearing this meaningful piece and may all these affirmations be realized.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This piece is wonderful. As usual your charms are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)