2.09.2012

Exploring the Northern Nevada Desert

Northern Nevada Desert, Beth Hemmila

Last week I got to take a trip out to the Northern Nevada desert. It's just an gorgeous place that is completely silent except for the birds overhead and an occasional "moo" by free range cattle.

I was lucky enough to see wild antelope, horses, burros, jackrabbits, and chuckers all in the space of a couple hours. Our own American outback! Here are some photos from the trip.




Nevada Desert Lichen, Beth Hemmila



making friends with desert lichen





Northern Nevada Desert, Beth Hemmila


 
ancient unworldly beauty




Nevada Desert Lichen, Beth Hemmila



infinite variety




Wild Horses of Nevada, Beth Hemmila

Just as we were getting ready to leave wild horses showed up as a kind of finale and bid us an amazing farewell. I can't wait to return :)

3 comments:

  1. i love that kind of spare, stripped down beauty. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous... that orange lichen is mesmerizing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for traveling with me out to the desert!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)