3.02.2012

Leaving Never Never Land Part 3

Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas


Back in the fall I was working on a series of illustrations in acrylic paint called Leaving Never Never Land. I finished them a long time ago, but with all the holiday hubbub,  my creative life kind of got sidetracked. Here's a look at the final paintings.



Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas




Leaving Never Never Land details, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas





Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas





Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas





Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas





Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas





Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas





Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas





Leaving Never Never Land, Beth Hemmila: acrylic on canvas

5 comments:

  1. I love this series! It would be so cool to have them displayed on a wall.. You could paint the wall to be a backdrop for these little canvasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful series! I was drawn to the fish with their pleasing colors and shapes. But that house on the swing just drew me right in. Very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Miss Beth! I remember when you started this. I love that you have this collection to display that speaks to the truths you were discovering at the time when you were creating them. I can tell that there is a story threading through them. Thanks for sharing them!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh what an awesome idea Chris!

    Thanks Christine for enjoying this series and letting me know it has that feeling of comfort!

    Thanks Erin for enjoying and sensing the hidden story in these paintings. They're like those silent words I just can wrap my head around and pictures seem to say it better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, to know the story - they are wonderful... i remember reading about these when you began... the common threads and interesting variables keep your eye and mind moving and wandering...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)