3.08.2012

Prosperity

Prosperity, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver zen leaf charm

I've been doing a guided meditation on prosperity for over a month, and one of the most interesting aspects of this exercise is that it asks you to look at the concept in a more holistic way. Most of us upon hearing the word "prosperity" may leap to ideas of financial abundance and wealth; however, in this new model I am learning how prosperity also means physical and emotional well-being, having a good relationship with yourself and others, and enjoying peace of mind.


Prosperity, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): amethyst, garnet, tourmaline, iolite, and apatite


At one point during the guided meditation, I'm asked to picture what I would look if I believed I was prosperous. During this part of the exercise I started mentally designing a necklace that I was wearing around my neck.



Prosperity, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver tree of life charm


The necklace got to feel so utterly irresistible that I had to sit down and try to recreate it. I never pictured the exact charms and gems, but rather the necklace was always more like a suggestion. Like I was seeing it from far away and everything was fuzzy as if I was squinting.



Prosperity, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver zen leaf, tree of life, and body spirit soul charms


So all I had was a feeling of these tiny charms and gems dotting a long chain that was gold. I spread out my Hint Jewelry charms and gems and started mixing and matching things together from a completely intuitive level.

I have no idea why I picked the tree of life, zen leaf, and body spirit soul charms they just seemed to make sense.



Prosperity, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): sterling silver body spirit soul charm


The gems I chose where somewhat random though I knew purple and red played a large part in the design.

The necklace is 30 inches in length and is so long that I decided not to include a clasp. This way the necklace is a continuous circle that I slip over my head. I can also wear it in a variety of ways so there is no real front or back.



Prosperity, Beth Hemmila (Hint Jewelry): garnet, tourmaline, amethyst, and iolite


I've been wearing this Prosperity necklace a lot lately. It just feels so beautiful and comforting all at the same time. It's rare that I make something that feels like every part of my essence is in the piece. In fact, I was thinking that it almost feels like a strand of my DNA coding. Everything that was in the pattern or plan of my makeup is laid out in one piece.

Have you ever made something that feels this way? Have you ever imagined your DNA coding as a pattern in your art? What does it look like? Or what would it look like?

5 comments:

  1. I do this all the time. I am guided by the beads themselves, yes, but mostly I know that a piece will be successful when I let my intuition out to play. That is when the designs feel most like me. It takes a lot of focus and energy to be in that place where the spirit is guiding me but I find that I am most connected to those pieces when I do. I like the idea of making a creative representation of your 'DNA' that which is the essence of you. I have never met you but I can tell that this is surely you, a visual representation of what matters most. Tree of Life, Zen and Body Mind Spirit? Yes, yes, and yes!
    Thanks for sharing the story and giving me something to think about.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and love the story of how it came about. I find your blog and stories to be very touching and heartfelt Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth beautiful post and necklace, I am working on finding clarity in my jewelry making and I love it when a piece just comes together. Tree of life is one of my favorite symbols, hubby gave me a poem on our wedding day about the tree of life, you have inspired me to make a piece around a tree of life pendant from green girl studios I have had in my studio for way to long:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I am in love with this necklace. I am drawn to symbolic pieces but have yet to bring it to my jewelry designs. I think I should change that. Your pieces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for stopping in to enjoy this piece!

    Sandi, what fun that your husband celebrated your wedding with a tree of life poem. Just beautiful!!

    Erin, I look forward to seeing some more of your DNA out there :)

    Kristen, it's always wonderful to hear from you. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)