4.12.2012

New E-Book Asymmetry Made Easy by Lorelei Eurto


I saw Lorelei Eurto's e-book Asymmetry Made Easy on her blog the other day and thought it was such a clever class to teach. After watching art students scratch their heads over the concept of asymmetry and feeling completely inadequate as a teacher to give them tools to make it understandable, finding a resource like Lorelei Eurto's e-book is quite a treat.

I get so jazzed when someone can take an elusive subject and make it simple and doable. That's what Lorelei does with her new e-book Asymmetry Made Easy. If you make jewelry, you will walk away with definite tools to change your designs from symmetrical to asymmetrical. Through her book you will "have a better understanding of how the unbalance creates balance in a piece of jewelry."

In her e-book Asymmetry Made Easy, Lorelei Eurto reveals tips such as thinking about the size of beads, using different textures, and how to choose placement for elements. Things that I like best about Asymmetry Made Easy is her "Think in Threes" concept, starting with a symmetrical design and changing it to asymmetrical, and her killer asymmetrical diagrams that pretty much make the process a no-brainer.

As always, Lorelei Eurto's jewelry inspires, so you won't be lacking for gorgeous eye candy in her design examples as well as some of her suggested links for exploring color palettes. Even if you don't create jewelry, I'm thinking Asymmetry Made Easy could be a creative resource for other design pursuits like painting, knitting, gardening, cooking, writing, etc. Lorelei Eurto has made asymmetry accessible to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful. I will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad this design idea speaks to you both!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to share your ideas and stories on my blog! Please know that I may not always be able to e-mail you a direct response, so be sure to check back to my blog and continue the dialogue. Many blessings for connecting with me through word and image :)